v2Grassroots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Level 2 Dribbling

Go down

Level 2 Dribbling Empty Level 2 Dribbling

Post by Admin Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:20 am

I have running with the ball for my final level 2 assessment. I am using 10 players.Due to the bad weather i have been unable to practice this. I done something very similar in my 12 logged coaching sessions and it worked really well. Any thoughts.
I am setting up in the technique section with 2 areas 1 area 40yds/10yds with 4 players 2 at each end there will be 4 sections of 10yds each i will be encouraging players to run the length of 40yds taking the ball into each section with just one touch

The other section will 40yds/15yds with 6 players 3 at each end there will be 4 sections of 10yds each i will be encouraging players to run the length of 40yds taking the ball into each section also with one touch

I will swap players over so they both have a go in each arae. The reason for two sections it will keep the players all a lot more occupied and the smaller section will need more control of the ball. Near the end i will take the sections out and get the players to take less touches if possible.

The skill section i am going to use only the bigger area with an end zone at the end. I will put the players into pairs making sure the pairs are all same ability and age.
A player will pass the ball to his partner who will be 5yds away the passer must go round a cone and chase the man with the ball object is for the man to get into the end zone before getting caught. All players will have a go at both tasks.

In the s/s/g 4v4 50yds/30yds i have made the pitch slightly longer giving more chances of running with the ball.
I will have 2 goalkeepers and 4v4 on the pitch only coaching 1 team.
When the the goalkeeper has the ball i will be asking 2 players to come looking for the ball and go wide hopefully giving lots of room for either a pass to another player who can run with the ball.
Key Points;
Adjust to the ball
Ball out of feet with first touch.
Head up after touches.
Use shoe laces and leading foot.
Angle of run if needed to get defeder behind you make its harder for a tackle
Be positive and attack the space.
In the s/s/g if a player passes rather than running with the ball i will go in and coach this

Admin
Admin

https://grassrootsv2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum